Bay Area Tours & Sightseeing
Make the best out of your Sammelan travel. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a repeat visitor, there is plenty to experience here in Northern California, from the scenic Highway 1 Coastal drive to the majestic redwood forests to the world-famous wine country to the best city for foodies, San Francisco.
Top day trips https://samplingamerica.com/san-jose-day-trips/
Explore San Jose: https://www.sanjose.org/things-to-do
Explore San Francisco: https://www.sftravel.com
Take a Coastal Road Trip: https://www.bontraveler.com/northern-california-road-trip-itinerary-coast/
Visit local Bay Area Wineries: https://www.sanjose.org/things-to-do/wineries
Visit Sonoma Wine Country: https://www.sonomacounty.com/
Visit Napa Wine Country: https://www.visitnapavalley.com/
Please contact the tour operators directly to book your trips with them, preferably two weeks in advance, and mention that you are attending the Konkani Sammelan 2022. Also please note that Sammelan organizers are not liable for these tours and will not coordinate them for you.
- San Francisco Tours. You can tour San Francisco highlights within 4-5 hours. Take an Uber, Lyft or http://southbaysedan.com/fleet.htm (costs $80-$100 each way) and take a Big Bus Tour in San Fransisco https://www.bigbustours.com/en/san-francisco/san-francisco-bus-tours-v2
- For day trips to San Francisco, Yosemite, Big Sur and many other nearby points of interest, Extranomical Tours offers a variety of options. They require a minimum of 10 people and start from San Francisco. For our Sammelan guests, they are willing to pick up and drop off from San Jose.
- Local Santa Cruz Mountain Wine & Brewery Tours
- Northern California Wine Country Tour. For a day trip to Napa and/or Sonoma, see https://greendreamtours.com/ Their listed wine tour packages start from San Francisco. Recommendation is to get yourself a ride to their San Francisco pickup location and start the tour from there. Uber, Lyft or http://southbaysedan.com/fleet.htm will cost ~$80-$120 each way. Alternatively, you can request private tours to pick you up directly from your San Jose hotels. However, note that Napa and Sonoma Wine region is ~2 hours drive from San Jose and you’ll be spending extra to start tour from San Jose vs. San Francisco. Sample Green Dream Tours quote from San Jose to Sonoma Wine Tour for a 6-seater SUV with driver/guide, the rate is roughly ~$169/hour (actual rates depends on gas prices of the day) + 5% tax + tip.
- Tour Silicon Valley, the birthplace of most high-tech companies. You can either use this self-guided app to drive yourself or take a rideshare.